F.J. Bero and Company is a union plumbing and mechanical contracting company that has been a family-owned business since 1920.
Frank Joseph Bero brought F.J. Bero to Elgin, IL from Chicago and opened his first plumbing shop on Commonwealth Avenue behind the family home in 1920. After Frank’s death, his wife Mary and his sons, John and George continued to grow the company and developed a plumbing service business that became well- known for honesty and integrity in the Fox River Valley.
Upon their retirement in 1980 the third generation of Bero’s, John, took the company into the commercial building and contracting division of the plumbing world, while still catering to the residential service business that his father and uncle worked so hard to create.
The company moved to the industrial space they still occupy on Weld Road in the 1980’s. In 2004 John retired and the fourth generation of F.J Bero plumbers took over, his son Jeff Bero.
F.J. Bero & Company still focuses on service-based integrity and quality workmanship in the commercial and residential plumbing market.